What Is Coaching?
Coaching is first about relationship. The Coach and the client create a relationship of trust, and mutual respect. This allows the coach to create a safe environment for the client to be themselves without judgment. This enviroment makes it possible for the client to clarify their issues, and create the goals that they desire.
We Will Work Together To:
- support your personal and professional development;
- facilitate a real exploration of your needs, motivations, skills and thought processes in order for you to identify your own solutions and actions;
- Support you in setting appropriate goals and methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals.
You Can Expect Me To:
- Observe, listen and ask questions to understand your situation without judgment;
- Mentor your commitment to action and the development of lasting growth & change;
- Be supportive and be your cheer leader
Is It Like Counseling?
Coaching is different from counseling. A counselor will work with personal issues in much greater depth than would be explored within a coaching context. I am not offering a therapeutic solution in these sessions. In most cases we will touch on your personal challenges, motivations and aspirations during coaching but this would be within the strict context of the specific coaching goals you have set yourself. If a therapeutic solution seems to be indicated I will refer you to individuals who can assist.
How Will You Know If It’s Right For You?
We start off with an initial conversation by phone. It would last 15 to 30 minutes and be free of charge. In that conversation we’ll discuss :
- Your career and/or personal goals;
- Areas you’re seeking to develop;
- What you hope to gain by the end of the coaching relationship
After this initial discussion, we can decide if we’d like to continue with more sessions
Next – The Life Coaching Process